Benefits of Postnatal Massage
- Helps promote recover, facilitating the restoration of pre-pregnancy physiology, for example by supporting abdominal and pelvic floor toning, relieving back and shoulder aches, improving circulation and lymphatic flow.
- May help promote and provide support in cases of postnatal depression.
- Touch may help in the birthing recovery process by helping relieve stress and trauma, especially if the birth experiences differed from your expectations.
- It may also help promote physical recovery and support healing from the effects of any strains or medical interventions experienced during birth.
- Provides a relaxed environment
- Helps promote sleep, giving space for rest, easing fatigue.
- Offers support for breastfeeding.
A postnatal massage can be with baby or without. Most women bring their babies and the massage is tailored around your needs.
One hour at my comfortable home at 74 Shaftesbury Avenue, Montpelier, Bristol, BS6 5LY Price £35, or alternatively please at £15 for a home visit.